Buġibba is a zone within St. Paul's Bay in the Northern Region, Malta. It is situated adjacent to Qawra, and it is a popular tourist resort, containing numerous hotels, restaurants, pubs, clubs, National Aquarium and a casino.
Within the area of Buġibba itself, there aren’t an awful lot of points of interest. If you’re looking for major attractions and points of interest, you’ll need to venture outside the area to see the really interesting stuff.
Being located within walking distance, you can find more to see and do at Qawra and St. Paul’s Bay.
- The artificial sandy beach can be found along the promenade, opposite the Dolmen Hotel
- Next to the beach, there’s a waterpark for kids – a good place for them to cool down during the hotter months of the year
- For boat trips and tours to Gozo and Comino and its Blue Lagoon a few operators can be found at the small harbour of St. Paul’s Bay.
- Pay a visit to the National Aquarium at Qawra point where you can also find a kids playground and cafe del mar. at the aquarium you can also see the shark nursery.
The nightlife in Buġibba consists mostly of pubs and bars, concentrated around the main square, which you can find along the promenade.
- One of Malta’s few cinemas is located in Buġibba: Empire Cinema
- You can try your luck at the Oracle Casino, adjacent to the Dolmen Hotel
- On the seaside at Qawra (within walking distance), you can find Cafe del Mar, which is a lido during the day and hosts parties during the evenings in summer.
Main bus routes:
- From the airport: Route X3 (1h20 min+)
- From Valletta: Routes 31, 45 and 48 (45 mins)
- From Sliema and St. Julians: Routes 203, 212, 222 and 225 (45-60 mins)
- To Mdina: Route 186 (30 mins)
- To Golden Bay and Għajn Tuffieħa (popular beaches): Routes 223 and 225 (30 mins)
- To Mellieha Bay (popular beach): Routes 42, 221 and 222 (30 mins)
The road signs to follow are those pointing to St. Paul’s Bay, which is the name of its neighbouring village and the municipality of which Buġibba forms part of. Getting to Buġibba from the airport by car (or taxi) usually takes 30-45 minutes.
Getting a one-way transfer from Malta International Airport to Buġibba costs around €25 for a private taxi and around €2 by bus.